Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 

Irregardless... seems a fit title


I recently had my first book published. By a real publisher. A small publisher, but a real one. One that pays the publishing costs and profits only if the book does well. This is a picture of my actually published book, Irregardless.

Did you see that? That was the world shrugging its shoulders in indifference.

Come on, Voice In My Head! My book has everything. It’s got comedy, drama, action, pathos, monsters, heroes…

Meh?

...and sexy naked sex people.

Gotta tell you, I wasn’t with you until the naked sex people. Now I’m interested.

Oh, are you? Would you care to purchase my book?

What’s it called again? Sex People?

It’s called Irregardless.

That’s a weird name, but sure, why not?

TOO BAD! You can’t.

But now I want to…

According to Amazon.com and the distributor, Baker and Taylor, it’s out of print. Click the link to see for yourself.

I thought you said it was just published. How can it be out of print?

I DON’T KNOW! I do know that the first print run was really small and I guess it’s all gone. According to my publisher a new printing won’t happen for another three weeks.

But I want to buy it now. In three weeks I will have completely forgotten about this Sex People book.

IT’S CALLED IRREGARDLESS! And there's not really any sex people. Look, we all will have to be patient and hope that in three weeks it will actually be available.

Could I just buy it directly from the publisher?

Well, according to my publishers website, crossquarter.com, it’s just almost spring of 2006. So, their web site is not very helpful.

Wow, that would really frustrate me. You've probably told a lot of people about the book. And now that they're interested they can't get their hands on it. I mean, this whole thing would drive me crazy. I would have a hard time sleeping. It would eat away at…

SHUT UP! Just, please, shut up…

Well, that is just no way to talk to your audience. I’m going to tell everyone I know not to buy Sex People.

It’s called… nevermind.

Comments:
No.
Probably not.
Yes.
'Cause she's a perky pumkin-head.
No, elaborate plots don't make it this hard for me to get out of bed.
Yes.
God I hope so, the world would be a better place.
Outlook not so good.
No.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?