Tuesday, May 29, 2007

 

The Parasite

My entries have been a little sporadic lately because my wife has been sick. It seems she picked up a parasite.

No, she hasn’t been swimming the Amazon River. She acquired the little thing somewhere in the United States. Apparently, it’s a fairly common issue. The doctor said there are over six million cases reported yearly in the US alone.

Weird, right? That’s not the half of it. Turns out this parasite is not from an external source. It was created by her body and even shares her DNA… and mine (I won’t even tell you how the doctor said that happened).

The parasite has now formed a symbiotic relationship with my wife where she shoves food in her mouth and the parasite takes… all of it, I guess. This parasite is slow evolving and will eventually develop a gender, something about sugar and spice or snakes and puppy dog tails. It’s a lot of medical mumbo-jumbo.

Apparently the parasite will remain in my wife for approximately nine months at which point it will leave my wife’s body (again, you won’t believe how the doctor says this will happen) and form a parasitic relationship with me, too… for the next 18 to 45 years of my life.

Comments:
Hahahahahaha. Brian, you never cease to amaze me. I've never heard a pregnancy described quite that way. Congrats (again)!
 
Yeah... her mom didn't think it was so funny...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?